Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mushrooms

At the moment there's an obsession for mushroom-hunting here in the village. The woods are ful of the most delicious porcini and other mushrooms that I don't know the name of, but they sure taste good !

Of course we have done our part of searching. The first times we walked miles and miles without seeing or recognising anything. After a while I think the people here got a little tired of seeing us like this and one day we got visit from someone who wanted to show me which mushrooms are edible. And since then I fill my basket with the most delicious species.

Of course after the walk I have to prepare them. This means we eate a lot of them during the last days and I have a full freezer.

Really love this ! Walking around, collecting food and preparing the most wonderful dishes with it.





No comments: